Announcing the Stations Design Competition!
In order to facilitate the large number of awesome entries we've received for this competition, we’re going to [b]start the voting period earlier (Monday, November 4th, 2019).
Additionally, we’re going to extend the voting period to Monday, January 20th, 2020 so we can give each community station equal spotlight on our social media, and the Space Engineers YouTube Channel (Community Section).
Lastly, we’re excited to announce that 1st, 2nd & 3rd place will now have their stations added to Space Engineers! We’ve also adjusted the digital and physical prizes accordingly for the top three entries.
*Create and submit your station for your chance to have it added to the official version of Space Engineers!
-Starting: Monday, September 23, 2019.
-Deadline for submissions: Friday, November 1, 2019, 11: 59 pm UTC +1
-Contest voting begins: Monday, November 4, 2019, 1:30 pm UTC +1
-Contest voting ends: Monday, January 20, 2020, 3:00 pm UTC +1
-The winner will be announced on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 3:30 pm UTC +1
-The station designs with the most votes wins (1st, 2nd & 3rd place)!
We are excited to announce the Stations Design Competition! Our players’ imaginations and engineering skills never ceases to amaze us and we want to give you the chance to share your passion, as well as creativity with as many people as possible.
*Make sure that you read the rules carefully, so you know all of the contest guidelines before creating an awesome station!
HOW TO SUBMIT
-Please submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line : Space Engineers Stations Design Competition Submission.
-Entries must be submitted by email and contain a link to your station via the Steam Workshop.
-Be sure to adhere to the original visual style of Space Engineers.
-Each contestant can submit as many entries as they like, but each contestant can only win once.
-Do not use any copyrighted material in your build. If you do use copyrighted material in your video, make sure you have permission to use it or you're the owner of the copyrighted material
RULES & TIPS
Pick what type of station you would like to design and submit for this contest!
There are 4 types of stations that dictate where they will spawn.
-Planetary Stations: These follow their own unique set of rules and spawn only on planetary or lunar surfaces.
-Orbital Stations: Only spawn in orbit of planets and moons.
-Deep Space Stations: Spawn very far out of space and are likely only found by those players who are already well-established. These stations offer slight trading bonuses.
-Mining Stations: Generally smaller, these stations spawn far out into space, although not nearly as far as Deep Space Stations, and are exclusively owned by NPC mining factions.
NPC Station Design Requirements:
-PCU limit of 5000 PCU.
-Stations should not exceed 50 large grid blocks in length, height and/or width.
-NPC stations cannot have any subgrids. No use of rotors or pistons.
-Should always include a Store block and Contract block. Vending machines and ATMs are optional but not required.
-Should have at least 2 connectors.
-NPC Stations require conveyored connections between all functional parts.
-NPC stations require basic functions like storage, power supply, hydrogen storage, oxygen tank and a h2/o2 generator.
-Requires one active beacon.
-NPC Stations have to be static grids.
-Stores, Contract blocks, ATM, Vending Machines and doors should have “Can be used by anyone” Enabled.
-Connectors should have “Trading” enabled.
For inspiration, checkout the following screenshots:
Additional Rules for Planetary Stations:
-Planetary stations should be elevated from the ground by means of stilts or a central column to avoid spawning inside voxels.
-Should have a way for players to access from the ground.
-No wind turbines. These stations will also spawn on moons without atmosphere.
If your submission is selected for entry, a Keen Software House designer will check if the entry follows all of the aforementioned rules and will make adjustments if possible and/or necessary.
NPC Station Design Extra Information and Tips:
-NPC stations use cheats to stay powered and stocked up. So no need for fuel, large amount of batteries or solar panels.
-Stations spawn with colors based on the faction that owns them. This is done by painting everything that you want to change color #FF0000. The game will detect blocks with this color and change it to their respective faction color upon spawning. You don’t have to do this, the designer at Keen Software House can do this for you, but make sure you have a clear color scheme going on that is compatible with this system. Using a lot of different colors to decorate your station will not carry over in the end product.
-Make sure the connectors can be accessed by both large and small ships. Try building one pointing up and one pointing sideways with plenty of clearance for large ships to dock.
-Landing platforms are inviting for players to dock on and enable them to save some power during their visit.
-Airlocks are not required, but nice if you want players to enjoy a pressurized environment.
-Don’t own decorative blocks DLC, but you also don’t want to lose the edge over the competition? No problem. Leave suggestive blocks as placeholders and we will replace them with interior blocks. Color code these blocks bright pink for good measure so we are sure to notice your intentions. For example: sideways passage block for Bed or an armoured wall to suggest a Couch.
-For planetary stations, their placement on planets depends on the position of the grid pivot. Grid pivots can be seen by enabling it in your info screen. A grid pivot is always where the first block is placed on the grid. You can reset the grid pivot by placing a new grid and ctrl-V your entire station on top of it. The Keen Software House Designer can do this for you if necessary, so don’t worry if you have trouble figuring this out.
-Use LCD with the faction script to decorate your station with faction logos.
-Use lights to make sure the landing pads and entrance of your station are visible in the dark.
-NPC stations don’t need a Safe Zone block. The Safe Zone is provided by the game automatically upon spawning.
-Try to make your station a fun place to discover, explore and reside in. :)
-Contestants will have 40 days to submit their stations, beginning Monday, September 23, 2019 and concluding Friday, November 1, 2019.
-During the following 3 days (ending Monday, November 4, 2019), we will review all submissions to ensure quality and that the rules have been adhered to.
-We will then upload the selected entries (3 per day except for Nov 22, Nov 23, Dec 24, Dec 25, Dec 26, Dec 31 & Jan 1 because of holidays)[/b] to the Space Engineers YouTube Channel (Community Section), [b]where the community will vote for their favorite stations (using the thumbs up icon located below YouTube Community Posts) from Monday, November 4, 2019 to Monday, January 20, 2020, 3:00 pm UTC +1
-The winners will be announced on [b]Monday, January 20, 2020, 3:30 pm UTC +1
-All of the contestants’ station designs that are uploaded to the Space Engineers YouTube channel (Community Section) will have their entries permanently uploaded to our YouTube Channel.
-1st place will have their station added to the official version of Space Engineers, receive a copy of Space Engineers Deluxe, the Economy Deluxe DLC, Style Pack DLC, Decorative Pack DLC and a Space Engineers shirt.
-2nd place will have their station added to the official version of Space Engineers, receive a copy of Space Engineers Deluxe, the Economy Deluxe DLC, Style Pack DLC, Decorative Pack DLC a Space Engineers poster.
-3rd place will have their station added to the official version of Space Engineers, receive a copy of Space Engineers Deluxe, the Economy Deluxe DLC, Style Pack DLC, Decorative Pack DLC and a Space Engineers mug.
-And of course, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will also have bragging rights. ;)
Please send any questions you may have about the competition to email@example.com and we'll get back to you ASAP.
STATIONS DESIGN COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to legal residents of any country or state, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Keen Software House as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 09/23/2019, 15:30 UTC +1
and ending 11/1/2019, 23:59 UTC +1. All online entries must be received by 11/1/2019, 23:59 UTC+1. Voting will take place from 11/4/2019, 13:30 UTC +1 until 1/20/2020, 13:30 UTC +1. The winners will be announced on 1/20/2020, 15:30 UTC +1.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House.
5. General guidelines: Entries must be submitted via the aforementioned email provided in 4. Additionally, all the guidelines listed in this post’s “HOW TO SUBMIT, RULES & TIPS” must be adhered to in order for an entry to be considered valid. Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify any and all entries for any and all purposes, whether or not the entrant is declared a winner.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign will have their station design added to the official version of Space Engineers. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Keen Software House. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Keen Software House to use and or/modify Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade, on the Keen Software House website and social media accounts, and in Keen Software House games, without further compensation.
7. Although the Space Engineers community will vote for their favorite stations on the Space Engineers YouTube Channel (Community Section), Marek Rosa CEO, Creative Director, Founder, Keen Software House CEO, CTO, Founder, GoodAI will officially carry out the duties of Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Marek Rosa. Three winners will be notified via email at the end date of the contest. Keen Software House shall have no liability for any Entrant’s or Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to acknowledge the prize, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected, or Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify the entry for all purposes. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Keen Software House, acting on behalf of Keen Software House and Keen Software House’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Keen Software House from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Keen Software House may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Keen Software House’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Keen Software House may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Keen Software House. Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Keen Software House has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made Keen Software House reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Keen Software House and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Czech Republic having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Keen Software House, located in Prague, Czech Republic.
13. The Campaign hosted by Keen Software House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. By submitting an entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Thank you and good luck to all contestants!